My friend and sister-in-law is just weeks away from delivering baby #3. I’m impressed by her and my brother-in-law’s courage in the face of being outnumbered by the mini-humans. I can’t blame them for going for the hat-trick though, the first two are certainly super adorable and endlessly entertaining.
This is the third time they are holding out for the game day gender surprise. And while my niece and nephew continue the little brother vs. little sister debate, preparations progress for the arrival of the newest Miller.
In our family like many others, it’s not uncommon to forgo a baby shower for younger siblings, and yet friends, family and co-workers may still be looking for ideas to
honor and celebrate this little achievement to you know, grow a human being (I can’t manage to water my houseplants.)
Giftbug was 4 months old yesterday! Those 4 months have flown by in a blur and here
we are flying head first into the Christmas holiday season. And in the coming weeks we will continue to send you tips and ideas for using giftbug to the fullest for your family’s holiday gift giving.
While the Christmas carols have been piped into our malls for weeks now and the holiday lights begin to make an appearance on lamp posts, we still have an important holiday before the Christmas season is officially in full swing. I’m certainly counting down the days until Mom’s filling (aka “stuffing”) hits the table!
And it’s in the spirit of Thanksgiving that I’m really excited to use our powers for good – the greater good and introduce you to a way to take giftbug beyond personal gift registries and share it with some of the amazing charities providing a hand up to our neighbors, our
military and our 4 legged friends, just to name a few.
There are so many things that I love about giftbug, and they translate to a powerful tool for charities:
1. You can link to any item on any website and you aren’t just limited to shop in one location
2. You can actually link to ANY web page; to an existing wish list on another website like Amazon or Barnes and Noble or directly to a cash donation link on your charity’s website.
3. You aren’t limited to just web links. You can upload personal pictures and type in information about a gift (ex: request for homemade items, gently used items, etc)
4. You can create your own categories to customize your gift registry to your organizations individual needs.
5. With our description field you can enter information that tells a story about who will use the items, why they are needed or just specific information about sizes, colors, etc.
6. The I want this too! button means that patrons of a charity can add the requested items to their personal gift registries and let friends and family know how they can help the charity.
7. Giftbug is easy to use and that means charities can easily update their giftbug registry to keep their wish lists current.
8. Impulse buying for the greater good! The ability to purchase an item online and have it sent directly to a charity means I can do it right now and I don’t have to wait until I have time to go out and pick up the items and drop them off at a location.